|CITY OF ATLANTA OFFICE OF THE CITY SOLICITOR
150 GARNETT STREET S.W.,
ATLANTA, GEORGIA 30303-3700
TEL (404) 658-6618 FAX (404) 658-7956
Information Regarding Record Restriction Request
If you wish to file a Record Restriction Request, you must do the following if you were arrested BEFORE July 1, 2013:
- Request a Certified Disposition Letter from the Clerk of Court, located on the 2nd floor of the Municipal Court of Atlanta – Lenwood A. Jackson, Sr., Justice Center at 150 Garnett Street, SW, Atlanta, GA 30303.
- There is a charge for the Certified Disposition Letter (contact Clerk of Court).
- When requesting a Certified Disposition Letter, please have the following information available: name, date of birth, date of arrest and charge(s).
- Applications for Record Restriction are located at the arresting agency:
The Atlanta Police Department Identification Unit
3493 Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway, N.W.
Atlanta, Georgia 30331
- The contact person for Record Restriction applications at the APD Identification Unit is Ms. Michelle Cain.
Note: The APD Identification Unit will file your Record Restriction Request and forward it to the appropriate Prosecutor’s Office.
If you were arrested AFTER July 1, 2013:
There is no application process.
- Click here to complete the Record Restriction request.
- Provide a Certified Disposition Letter, which must be obtained from the Clerk of Atlanta Municipal Court.
- Provide a copy of driver’s license or identification card.
- If you participated in a Diversion Program (i.e., PTIT or PTI) or Court Alternative Sentencing Program (i.e., TLC or Restorative Board), please provide the certificate or proof of completion of conditions/compliance.
- Please email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the Record Restriction Unit at the Office of the City Solicitor by telephone, call (404) 954-7924; to e-fax, (404) 589-7374; to e-mail, email@example.com.
For more FAQs, click here.